The Langley Weavers’ & Spinners’ Guild was formed in 1971 to foster the development of weaving and spinning in the Langley area. The guild presently has over 90 members who come from Langley and the surrounding areas in the Lower Mainland.
Statement of Purpose: Objectives of the Guild
- Under the auspices of the Langley Arts Council, to promote, encourage and improve the art and craft of weaving, spinning, and dyeing, and to offer classes and demonstrations of these crafts to the community.
- To provide an opportunity for the sharing of knowledge, skill and ideas among the members.
- To emphasize the importance of achieving and maintaining the highest possible standards of excellence in all work.
- To collect current literature and other material relating to the art and craft of weaving, spinning and dyeing and to make these available to all members of the Guild through the Guild library.
- To strive to be self-sustaining.
Membership is open to any interested person on payment of membership fee of $20.00 annually or $30.00 for a family membership.
Meetings: The Langley Guild holds its meetings on the third Tuesday of the month, for the months of September – November, and January – June. The Guild meets at Sharon United Church , 21562 Old Yale Road, Langley, at 7:30 p.m. The business meeting is always followed by an educational program.
In addition to the monthly meeting, there are a number of study groups open to all members of the Guild:
Day Spin-in – held on the 1st Thursday of each month at members’ homes, 10 am-2 pm.
Evening Spin-in – held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month, at members’ homes, 7:00 – 9:00 pm.
Crazy Clackers – knitting group, held on the 4 th Tuesday of each month, at members’ homes, 7:00 – 9:00 pm.
The Guild holds an annual Artisans’ Sale at the Fort Langley Community Hall on the first Saturday and Sunday in November. Guild members join with other local artisans to display and sell their work.
President: Ginette Bourdages
ANWG Rep: Lois Hunter
Langley Weavers’ & Spinners’ Guild
c/o President: Ginette Bourdages
P.O. Box 349
Milner, BC V0X 1T0
Updated April 2018