The Coquitlam Weavers and Spinners Guild has been in operation since 1973 in the Coquitlam area east of Vancouver BC.
Members come mainly from Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody and New Westminster.
We usually have 20 – 30 members attending monthly meetings. The meetings take place at Place des Arts in Coquitlam http://www.placedesarts.ca where many of our members learned to weave or spin. Beginning weavers and spinners are always welcome – there is a small membership fee. Place des Arts is close to the main freeway and the Braid Skytrain station and is located on a bus route.
Some of the benefits of being a member of the Coquitlam Weavers and Spinners:
– Hands-on programs or presentations at monthly meetings Sept – June. The program often revolves around an annual topic of focus. There is lots of sharing and Show and Tell.
– A monthly electronic newsletter.
– Books and magazines that can be borrowed from the library.
– Trying out different techniques on the two “round robin” looms that members pass along to each other.
– Opportunities for exhibiting work.
– Art shows and exhibits at Place des Arts to view before the meeting
Guild rep: Janice Griffiths
Updated January 2018